Ingredients for Mexican Mocha Recipe
For 6 servings of Mexican Mocha, you will need the following:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups strong brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces amaretto
- Desired garnishes
- Combine 3 tablespoons sugar and the cream in a bowl; whip it until soft peaks form. Refrigerate.
- Add water, cocoa, and 1/2 cup sugar to a saucepan and bring to a slow boil, stirring often, over low heat.
- Stir in salt, coffee, and milk. Heat to near boiling, and then remove from heat. Add vanilla and stir through.
- Divide amaretto between six glasses. Divide coffee mixture between the glasses, pouring over the amaretto. Stir until well blended.
- Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, chocolate shavings, or chocolate covered coffee beans.