Sandwiches do not have to include meat to be considered sandwiches. Whether you are looking for meat-free meal options to save money on your budget or cut calories, or if you are committed to a vegetarian lifestyle, there are plenty of tasty sandwich options that you can enjoy.
Avocado Veggie Wrap Sandwich
This easy sandwich serves two.
- 2 10-inch tortillas
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce
- 1 cup of baby spinach leaves
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup julienne-sliced carrots
- ¼ cup Creamy Italian or Greek salad dressing
- Lay tortillas flat on a tray or cutting board.
- Spread half of salad dressing on each tortilla.
- Place half of all veggie ingredients on each tortilla, centered.
- Fold up the bottom of each tortilla.
- Fold the left and right sides of each tortilla inward so they meet in the middle.
- Serve right away.
Make three quick sandwiches featuring cucumber.
- 6 slices of bread (white, wheat or rye)
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ cup of cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup of nonfat yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine cream cheese, yogurt, salt and pepper, mixing until evenly combined (use food processor if desired).
- Spread cream cheese and yogurt mixture on all six slices of bread.
- Place cucumber slices on three of the slices of bread, dividing evenly.
- Place a slice of bread spread with cream cheese and mayonnaise mixture on top of each slice that has both the mixture and cucumber slices.
- Cut in half.
- Serve immediately.
This veggie pita is a tasty option for anyone who wants to enjoy a light, meatless meal or snack.
- 2 pita rounds (white or wheat), cut in half
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce, your favorite variety
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup of alfalfa sprouts
- 4 slices of cheese (Swiss, cheddar or provolone), optional
- ½ cup prepared Ranch salad dressing
- Place one slice of cheese inside each pita half.
- Place ¼ of each vegetable inside each pita half. You can mix all veggies together first or add them one at a time.
- Spoon ¼ of the salad dressing into each stuffed pita.
- Enjoy right away.
More Ideas Meatless Sandwiches
Don't limit yourself to peanut butter and jelly when you want the convenience of a sandwich that doesn't require meat. The sandwich recipes presented here are delicious and easy-to-prepare, and are perfect choices for lunch, snack time and supper - and they're just the beginning when it comes to meatless sandwich ideas.
- Enjoy egg salad sandwiches or fried egg sandwiches any time you have leftover boiled eggs.
- Learn how to make a VLT (veggie, lettuce and tomato) sandwich.
- Take a grilled tofu sandwich on a vegetarian picnic.
- Prepare tea sandwiches like watercress sandwiches and pineapple sandwiches instead of meat-filled ones.
Scrumptious Meatless Sandwich Options
The possibilities are endless when you start thinking of ways to enjoy delicious sandwiches that don't include meat. Bon apetit!