Ingredients for Mayonnaise Dressing Recipe 1
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Mix the salt and pepper and add the egg yolk. Beat until thickened a little; gradually add the lemon juice and vinegar.
- Using an egg beater, beat in the oil, a teaspoon at a time. Beat thoroughly after each addition of oil.
- Cover the dressing with an earthen or glass dish and let stand in a cool place until ready to use.
- Half this quantity of dressing may be made by dividing the yolk of egg.
- In making this dressing, all of the acid must be added to the yolk before beginning with the oil.
- By this method all danger of curdling is avoided.