Ingredients for Marshmallow Filling Recipe
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup marshmallow
- ½ cup water
- 2 egg whites, beaten stiff
- Boil sugar, water and marshmallow to 215 degrees F.
- Put your pan containing the dissolved sugar and water (syrup) on a hot fire and wait until it boils.
- Take, with a spoon, a little of the syrup and drop slowly in cold water.
- When the sugar drops out from the spoon into threads, it is ready.
- Pour the hot mixture gradually into the beaten whites of egg, beating all the time until the filling is smooth and firm.
- Let cool off and spread between layers of cake.