Ingredients for Bourbon Beef
Servings: Approximately 4, depending on steak size
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 (1 to 2 pound) flank steak
- In a large bowl, whisk together the bourbon, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic cloves, brown sugar, gingerroot, and sesame oil.
- In a large zipper bag, pour the marinade over the steak. Refrigerate, sealed, for eight hours.
- Heat a grill pan or grill to medium high.
- Remove the flank steak from the marinade and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Grill until medium-rare, about five minutes per side.
- Slice the steak on the bias to serve.
- While the steak cooks, in a large pot, bring the marinade to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon the marinade over the steak or serve spooned over mashed potatoes.