Ingredients for Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
This recipe serves 4.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- Juice of 2 limes
- 4 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pound flank steak, cut against the grain into thin strips
- 1 pound broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 yellow pepper, julienned
- 4 cups steamed white rice
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, mirin, lime juice, 2 tablespoons of the oil, ginger root, garlic, Sriracha, and cornstarch until smooth.
- Put the marinade in bowl with the meat, tossing to coat.
- In a large sauté pan or wok, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil on medium-high.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and reserve the marinade.
- In the oil, cook the meat, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, and yellow pepper, stirring frequently, until the meat is cooked through and the vegetables are crisp-tender, about six minutes.
- Add the reserved marinade to the pot. Bring it to a simmer and allow it to thicken, stirring frequently, three to four more minutes.
- Serve the beef and vegetables spooned over white rice.