Ingredients for Indian Rice Pudding
- 1 cup rice
- 8 1/2 cups milk
- 5-6 cardamom ground seeds
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1/4 cup raisin
- 1/4 cup almonds, blanched
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- Microwave the rice in a bit of water for 1-2 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then grind until mashed.
- Bring the 8 cups of milk to a boil and stir in the ground rice along with the remaining milk.
- Add seasonings and continue to simmer while stirring in the cream.
- Simmer, stirring, for about 40 minutes or until rice is soft.
- Stir in the raisins and almonds.
- Mix in the sugar and allow to cool.
- Chill before serving.