Ingredients for Indian Dry Curry Recipe
Yield: Approximately 1/4 cup curry powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder or 2 dried red chili peppers, ground
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Whisk thoroughly until combined.
- Store the curry mixture in a spice jar or airtight container.
Dry Curry Uses
For every curry recipe you make that has four servings, use about 2 teaspoons of the dry curry mixture. Supplement with fresh, chopped garlic and ginger, whole roasted spices, chili peppers, or fresh herbs, and serve prepared curries with rice or flatbread.
The curry mixture can be used to spice up hot recipes, such as a crockpot vegetable curry or even a vegetable soup, or cold recipes, such as a chicken salad mixture.
Making your own dry curry mixture is a great alternative to buying jarred curry powder because you'll save money and enjoy richer, deeper flavors in your finished dish.