Ingredients for Ice Cream Candy Recipe
- 3 cups sugar
- ½ cup boiling water
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ tablespoon vinegar
- Boil ingredients together without stirring, until, when tried in cold water, mixture will become brittle.
- Turn on a well butttered platter to cool.
- As edges cool, fold towards centre.
- As soon as it can be handled, pull until white and glossy.
- While pulling, flavor as desired, using vanilla, orange extract, coffee extract, oil of sassafras, or melted chocolate.
- Cut in sticks or small pieces.