Ingredients for Hot Deviled Ham Canapes Recipe
- 6 rounds white bread cut¼ inch thick
- ½ cup deviled ham or finely minced cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon chow-chow
- 1 tablespoon corn oil Mayonnaise
- Grated cheese
- Small sweet pickles
- Fry the bread in deep corn oil hot enough to brown it in forty counts, drain on crumpled paper and spread with the deviled ham mixed to a paste with the chow-chow and mayonnaise.
- Cover with grated cheese and place in a hot oven till the cheese melts.
- Decorate with the sweet pickles and parsley.