Ingredients for Homemade Rice Pudding
- 3/4 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bring water to a boil and add rice once rolling.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or as long as indicated on the rice package.
- Rice is finished when soft and tender.
- Once rice is finished, stir in 1 1/2 cups milk with the sugar, and salt.
- Heat on medium until thick, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining milk, egg, and raisins.
- Stir constantly and heat for another 2 minutes.
- Add butter and vanilla to taste.