Ingredients for Homemade Donuts Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 quarts oil for deep frying
- Stir the dry ingredients together.
- Mix in the milk, beaten egg, and vanilla.
- Heat the butter until melted and beat in to the flour mixture.
- Let chill for one hour.
- Bring oil to 370 degrees.
- Knead and roll out dough, then cut with a thick, round cutter.
- Using smaller circle, cut out the middle to create a doughnut shape.
- Drop doughnuts into oil until they cooked through and light brown.
- Let dry on brown paper.