Ingredients for Health Bread Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons melted vegetable shortening
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups bran
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup stoned chopped dates
- 2 teaspoons baking soda, dissolved in boiling water
- ½ cup hot water
- Mix flours and bran together.
- Add vegetable shortening, salt, sugar, well beaten egg, milk, molasses, baking soda, and dates.
- Mix together and turn into bread pans that have been coated with vegetable shortening, then floured
- Bake at 350 for one and a quarter hours.
- Sufficient for two loaves.
This quick bread is very high in fiber.