Ingredients for Hash Brown Potato Casserole Recipe
- 2 pounds hash browns
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cornflakes cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together 1/4 cup butter with the soup, sour cream, onion, cheese, and seasonings.
- Stir in the hash browns and blend them with the cream mixture until well-coated.
- Pour into a large casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl, crush the cornflakes. Pour on top 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Top hashbrowns with cereal mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes.