Ingredients for Hard Boiled Eggs With Ham And Cheese Recipe
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and sliced
- 4 slices cooked ham, cut in thin strips
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Seasonings to taste
- 3 cups thin white sauce
- 1 package spinach, as needed
For white sauce:
- 1 pint milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons flour
- Scald 1 pint of milk.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan.
- Add salt and flour to the saucepan and let cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add the milk, stirring gently until it boils.
- Let it boil for 3 minutes. Use this mixture as your white sauce.
- Mix the hard boiled eggs with the white sauce.
- Add the ham and seasonings and mix well.
- Place in a baking or pudding dish.
- Layer on the spinach as desired.
- Sprinkle on top the grated cheese.
- Pour the melted butter on the top.
- Bake in moderate oven for about 10 minutes until a nice brown crust is formed.