Ingredients for Hard Boiled Eggs, Creamed With Onions Recipe
- 8 eggs, hard boiled
- 6 onions, peeled, sliced
- Seasonings to taste
- 2 cups thick white sauce
For white sauce:
- 1 pint milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons flour
- Scald 1 pint of milk.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan.
- Add salt and flour to the saucepan and let cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add the milk, stirring gently until it boils.
- Let it boil for 3 minutes. Use this mixture as your white sauce.
- Boil the sliced onions in salted water for about 20 minutes.
- Shell the hard boiled eggs and quarter them.
- Drain off the water from the onions.
- Place onions, quartered eggs, white sauce, and seasonings in a saucepan.
- Let cook for about 3 minutes.