Ingredients for Halibut With Lemon Sauce Recipe
- 1 pint of water
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 red pepper chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds halibut, cut in chunks
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 6 eggs
- Juice of six lemons
- In a saucepan, put the water, onion, butter, red pepper, salt, and halibut.
- Cook on medium to high heat until fish is cooked through.
- Thicken the liquid with a tablespoon of flour or cornstarch.
- Place the eggs in a separate dish filled with the lemon juice. Mix.
- Add the egg mixture to the saucepan, first adding some of the fish liquid to prevent curdling.
- Cook in a double boiler, stirring all the time.
- When thick as custard, remove from heat and place fish in a deep platter, pouring sauce over all.
- Serve cold, garnished with parsley if desired.