Sure, you can buy gravy in a can or jar, but why, when it's so easy to make your own giblet gravy?
Giblet Gravy Recipe
- Giblets and neck of fowl
- 2 tablespoons chicken fat
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Salt and pepper
- Place the giblets (liver, heart and gizzard) and the neck in a saucepan, and cover them with cold water.
- Simmer slowly and when tender remove meat from the neck, and chop fine with the giblets, saving the water in which they were cooked.
- Heat the fat on top of the stove and when it is hot, stir in the flour.
- Cook two minutes, then add one cup of the stock left from cooking the giblets, pouring it in gradually so as not to thin the gravy too much.
- If the gravy seems too thick, add a little hot water.
- Lastly, put in the chopped giblets, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve with turkey, as well as traditional accompaniments such as mashed potatoes, stuffing or rice.