Ingredients for Grape Sherbet Recipe
- 3 cups grape juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk or light cream
- Combine the grape juice, lemon juice, and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Stir with a wire whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the coconut milk.
- Prepare an ice cream maker. Some require freezing the insert before use; others use rock salt and water to freeze the sherbet mixture.
- Add the grape juice mixture to the ice cream maker and add the cover. Turn on the machine and freeze the mixture until firm, or according to the appliance instructions.
Remove the sherbet from the ice cream maker when it's done and pack into a freezer container. Freeze for 2 to 4 hours, then serve.
Yields 4 cups, or 8 servings
Variations and Tips
- You can use other fruit juices to make different flavors of sherbet. Try pineapple juice, apple juice, pomegranate juice, or cherry juice.
- Step 6 is called "ripening," and it helps create a smooth texture in the finished product.
- You can use this mixture to make grape popsicles. Just pour the mixture into popsicle forms and freeze for about an hour. Add a stick and freeze until firm.
- Garnish the sherbet with some fresh grapes and a sprig of mint.