Ingredients for German Doughnuts Recipe
- 1 pint milk
- 1 pint flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon flavoring
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup flour mixed with 2 teaspoons baking-powder
- Scald milk.
- Pour milk, while still hot, over flour and beat till smooth.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and let cool.
- Add beaten yolks, butter, flavoring, sugar, beaten eggs whites, and flour mixed with baking-powder.
- If needed, add more flour to make a soft dough.
- Roll out on floured pastry board to a thickness of about 1/4 inch.
- Cut out with doughnut cutter.
- Fry in deep hot fat for 4-5 minutes.