Ingredients for Frozen Custard Recipe
- 4 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Heat milk, but don't allow to boil.
- Add sugar, cornstarch, and salt, stirring until dissolved.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and beat until blended.
- Add a spoonful of the milk mixture into the eggs and whisk.
- Stir eggs into pan with milk and cook on low to 160 degrees.
- One thick enough to coat a spoon, place whole pan in ice water to cool.
- Add condensed milk and vanilla flavoring and stir until blended.
- Cover the pan with waxed paper so that the center of the paper touches the top of the custard.
- Place in refrigerator overnight.
- Scoop into ice cream freezer container and freeze based on directions.