Ingredients for Fritter Batter Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Break the egg into a small mixing bowl and beat with wire whisk until light and foamy.
- Add the milk and the coconut oil, and beat well.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients and stir until the batter is well combined and smooth.
- Add one cup diced fruit, vegetable or meat to the batter and drop from tablespoon into oil for deep frying.
Tip: Have all ingredients at room temperature to make light, puffy fritters. Vary the taste by substituting 1/4 cup of whole wheat or other whole grain flour for 1/4 cup of the all purpose flour.