Ingredients for Fried Turnips Recipe
- 1 pound of turnips, greens removed
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion (yellow or red)
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Heat oil over medium heat in a medium skillet.
- While the oil is heating, peel and dice the onion.
- Place the onion and garlic into the hot oil and sauté.
- Peel and slice the turnips while the onion is cooking.
- Add the turnips to the skillet.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 45 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.