Ingredients for Fried Lamb Chops with Parmesan Recipe
- 4 lamb loin chops
- Salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil for sautéeing
- Season lamb chops with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Combine bread crumbs and parmesan in a shallow dish.
- Place flour in a shallow dish.
- Beat together milk and eggs and pour in a shallow dish.
- Dip lamb chops in flour and then tap to remove excess. You should only have a very light coat of flour on the chop.
- Next, dip chops in egg and milk mixture and turn to coat.
- Now, dip chops in parmesan and bread crumbs, coating on both sides.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat until it shimmers.
- Add lamb chops and brown on both sides until medium rare, about 2-1/2 minutes per side. Internal temperature should reach 130 degrees.
- Allow chops to sit, tented with foil, for about 10 minutes before serving.