Ingredients for Fried Egg Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 4 hard-cooked eggs
- 2 tablespoons cream
- Salt, pepper, and red pepper to taste
- 2 rasped rolls
- Fritter batter
- After removing the shell, cut eggs into slices and pound with vegetable shortening and cream to make a paste.
- Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper.
- Cut rolls into thin slices, butter them, spread them with the mixture, and make into small sandwiches.
- Dip each sandwich into some prepared fritter batter, and fry to golden brown in hot vegetable shortening.
- Drain and serve hot.
- Sufficient for twelve sandwiches.