Ingredients for Fresh Fruit Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced, or another sliced juicy fruit of choice such as peaches, mango, nectarines, pineapple, or raspberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 pasteurized eggs
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine strawberries or other fruit, 1/4 cup of sugar, and lemon juice.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl for about 2 minutes.
- Continuing to beat, add remaining 3/4 cup of sugar a little bit at a time.
- Stir in fruit (with the juice around it) and milk until well-combined.
- Stir in cream and vanilla.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and follow the instructions for your specific maker.