Ingredients for French Donut Recipe
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the dry ingredients, except the sugar, and set aside.
- Cream the shortening and sugar.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add dry mixture to the eggs, beating after each addition.
- Drop into greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Stir together the topping ingredients and drizzle over donuts.