Ingredients for English Tea Biscuits Recipe
- 4 cups flour
- 4 level teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or vegetable shortening
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- Boil and mash potatoes until they are free of lumps.
- Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- While still warm, add potatoes and rub in vegetable shortening or butter.
- Mix to a light dough with egg and milk.
- Roll out a little thinner than ordinary biscuits and bake at 400 degrees until golden brown.