Ingredients for Eggless Shortcake Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Zest from 1/2 an orange
- 3/4 cups whole milk
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Line a baking pan with parchment.
- Sift flour, sugar, and baking powder into a bowl.
- Add butter and orange zest, cutting butter into pastry with a pastry cutter or two knives.
- Stir in milk and mix into a soft dough.
- Flour a surface and roll dough out until it is 1/2 inch thick.
- Use a round biscuit cutter to cut into rounds.
- Bake until golden, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Top with fruit topping, such as sliced strawberries and sugar, and whipped cream.