Ingredients for Egg And Watercress Sandwich Recipe
For each sandwich:
- 2 slices of buttered bread
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1 tablespoon watercress, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise sauce
For mayonnaise sauce or dressing:
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 yolks egg
- 2 1/2 tablespoon of vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups of olive oil gradually
To make mayonnaise sauce:
- Mix pepper, mustard and 1 teaspoon of salt with 2 yolks of egg. Add 1/2 tablespoon of vinegar. Add 1 1/2 cups of olive oil gradually, stirring constantly. As soon as the mixture thickens, thin it with a little more vinegar. Proceed until two tablespoons of vinegar and all the 1 1/2 cups of oil are used. If the oil is added too rapidly, mayonnaise will curdle. Smoothness can be restored by taking the yolk of another egg and adding to it little by little. Mayonnaise should be stiff enough to hold its shape.
- Chop hard boiled egg and mix with the chopped watercress.
- Add the mayonnaise sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Spread on both slices of bread, put together, and press lightly.