Ingredients for Egg Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups bread flour, measured after sifting once
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- Sift together the bread flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Work the shortening in with your fingers.
- Mix together the egg and milk, cutting it in to the mixture with a knife.
- Toss on a floured board and knead for 5 minutes.
- Shape into biscuits.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Brush with milk or melted butter just before removing from the oven.