Ingredients for Eclairs Recipe
- 7 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 scant cup flour
- 1 tablespoon Argo or Kingsford's Cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- Combine the water and corn oil in a saucepan, bring to boiling point, stir in the flour, salt and cornstarch, mixed.
- The mixture will be very thick, and should be stirred rapidly until it forms a ball around the spoon.
- Cool five minutes, then stir in the eggs, one at a time.
- They should not be beaten.
- Oil a large baking pan with corn oil, put the mixture in it in strips about three and a half inches long and one inch wide.
- A pastry bag may be used for this purpose.
- Bake thirty minutes in a moderate oven, 350 degrees F.
- Cool, ice the top, split the side and fill with whipped cream or a cooked cream or custard filling.