Ingredients for Easy Glazed Donut Recipe
- 2 cup lukewarm milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 or 2 cakes yeast in small amount of water warm
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 7 cup flour
- 1 pound confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 1/2 cup water
- Mix together the milk, sugar, and salt, then beat in the shortening, eggs, and dissolved yeast.
- Let rise for about one hour.
- Knead and roll out dough, the cut into donut shapes.
- Let rise again.
- Drop into a pot of hot oil and let cook until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, bring water to a boil.
- Stir in confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla, and gelatin.
- Drizzle glaze over donuts when they are cool.