Side dishes come in many forms and one sure-fire crowd pleaser is corn pudding. If you don't happen to have a corn pudding recipe that has been handed down through the generations, here are some delicious and easy corn pudding recipes.
Easy Corn Pudding Recipes
Corn pudding recipes run the gamut from simple comfort food to high-end recipes that use hard to find or really expensive ingredients. But unless you are running a four star restaurant, the easy corn pudding recipes will inevitably be the ones your guests love best.
Basic Corn Pudding
- 2 cups of corn kernels (if you are using frozen corn let it thaw)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup of chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 crackers crushed
- ¼ teaspoon of parsley
- ¼ teaspoon of basil
- ¼ teaspoon of oregano
- ¼ teaspoon of thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the corn kernels, eggs, chives, sugar, salt, cream, butter, and crackers.
- Mix the herbs together and add one pinch at a time to the mixture to taste.
- Pour the mixture into a 1-½ quart casserole or baking dish that has been buttered or sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 1 hour.
Pudding on the Ritz
For a fancier looking but still easy corn pudding recipe, try this.
- ½ stick of butter
- 2 medium onions chopped
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons of flour
- 4 eggs
- 6 cups of corn kernels
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter 6-two cup soufflé dishes or ramekins.
- Melt the ½ stick of butter in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onions to the pan and sauté them until they are soft and translucent.
- Mix in the flour and stir for about four minutes.
- Remove the onions to a bowl and let cool.
- Mix in the eggs and whisk to combine.
- Mix in the corn, milk, and salt. Taste for pepper and add if needed.
- Divide the mixture between the ramekins.
- Bake for one hour or until the puddings test done. If a knife inserted in the center of the pudding comes out clean, the puddings are done.
- Serve one ramekin to each guest.