Ingredients for Duchess Soup Recipe 1
- 2 large onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 quart of boiling milk
- Season with salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs very light
- Slice onions and fry them ten minutes in butter.
- Add gradually 2 tablespoons of flour and stir two or three minutes, or until smooth.
- Then slowly pour in slowly a quart of boiling milk, season with salt and pepper, and let it simmer fifteen minutes, stirring frequently.
- Strain and return it to the heat, and add 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Beat 3 eggs very light, pour them through a strainer into the soup; stir briskly for a few minutes, but do not let it boil.
- Serve with toasted croutons or fried sippets.