Ingredients for Dropped Donut Recipe
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup shortening, melted
- 3 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 3 cup shortening, for frying
- Cream together the eggs and sugar.
- Beat in milk and melted shortening.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to egg mixture.
- Heat 3 cups of shortening to approximately 375 degrees.
- Drop small balls of dough into the shortening.
- Let remain in shortening until golden brown. Remove carefully and let cool.