Ingredients for Doughnuts Recipe 1
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ grated nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 3 cups flour
- Combine the ingredients in the order given and mix well.
- Add enough flour to make dough stiff enough to roll.
- Divide the dough into three equal parts. Toss one part on a floured board, knead slightly, roll out to one-fourth inch thickness.
- Cut with doughnut cutter.
- Fry in several inches of cooking oil, remove with tongs, and let dry on brown paper.
- Repeat with remaining sections.
- Roll in powdered sugar before serving.