Ingredients for Double Boiler Rice Recipe
- 1/2 cup long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- Wash the rice in running water.
- Place the water and salt in the bottom section of the double boiler and bring to a boil.
- Pour the rice into the boiling water.
- Bring the water back to boiling and boil the rice for 5 minutes.
- Remove the rice from the water and place it in the top steamer section of the double boiler.
- Add an inch of the water from the bottom section to the rice.
- Place the top section on the bottom and return to the stove.
- Cover the top section and steam the rice in the boiler for 10 minutes.
- Use 2 cups of stock instead of water.
- Use 1 cup of tomato puree and 1 cup of water in place of plain water.