Ingredients for Dirty Rice Recipe
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 lbs mild sausage, sliced
- 1 lb hot sausage, sliced
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 broth-can water
- 2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- Sauté vegetables in butter until tender but not too soft. Set aside.
- Using a different pan, brown all of the sausage together and drain excess grease.
- Add vegetables to sausage.
- Immediately stir in the broth, water, and rice.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer 30-40 minutes.