Ingredients for Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Shape pie crust into a 9 inch pie pan and prick the bottom with a fork. Sprinkle the edges of the crust with one tablespoon of sugar. Place pie weights in crust.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until crust is browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a pie rack.
- In a food processor, process six ounces of fresh strawberries until puréed.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together sugar, corn starch, salt, and pectin.
- Stir in puréed strawberries.
- Over medium heat, bring mixture to a boil and then boil for two minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Allow to cool.
- Put remaining berries in a bowl.
- Pour puréed strawberry mixture over the top and stir to combine.
- Pour into cooled pie crust.
- Pipe or spoon whipped cream over the top.
- Refrigerate for two hours before serving, and serve within about six hours for best flavor and texture.