Ingredients for Fresh Cherry Cobbler Recipe
Makes 6 servings
- 6 cups fresh red cherries, pitted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk or water
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add cherries, sugar, and cornstarch to a saucepan; cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Keep warm.
- Stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Cut in butter until the mixture looks like small crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine beaten egg and milk; add to flour mixture and stir until moist.
- Place warm cherry filling into a 2-quart baking dish.
- Drop tablespoons of topping mixture onto filling, creating mounds.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until topping is browned and filling is bubbly.
- Serve warm or cool; top with whipped cream or ice cream.