Ingredients for Darne Of Salmon Recipe
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 medium carrots, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 4 (6 ounce) darne of salmon (salmon steaks)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint claret (dry red wine)
- 1 pint chicken or fish broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Prepare the vegetables.
- Place the onion, carrots, and parsley into a large skillet.
- Place the salmon steaks on top of the vegetables and sprinkle with the pepper and salt.
- Pour the wine and broth over the salmon steaks and dot each with some of the butter.
- Cover the salmon steaks with buttered parchment paper, buttered side down, that has been cut to fit the pan.
- Bring the mixture quickly to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer very gently for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Remove parchment paper.
- Place on a hot platter, remove the skin from the salmon if desired, and serve with an optional hollandaise sauce.