Ingredients for Danish Pastry Recipe
- 1 pint bread flour
- 2 tablespoons Argo or Kingsford's Cornstarch
- ½ cup corn oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 compressed yeast cake
- 3 tablespoons warm milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons chopped nut meats
- 4 tablespoons chopped raisins
- 1-½ teaspoons cinnamon and
- 3 tablespoons sugar, mixed
- Sift together flour, cornstarch, salt and sugar, and stir in corn oil.
- Add cream and yeast dissolved in warm milk.
- Cover, chill overnight, and roll thin into oblong shape.
- Brush with corn oil, cover with nuts, raisins, sugar and cinnamon mixed, fold and press edges together and bake about thirty minutes in a moderate oven, 350 to 375 degrees F.
- Cut in squares.