Ingredients for Flan Recipe
- 1 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1-14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2-13 ounce cans evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pour 1 cup of sugar into a pan on the stove.
- Cook the sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sugar caramelizes.
- Pour the caramel into a mold, swirling it around to coat the sides. If the caramel begins to harden, reheat it until it softens enough to pour.
- Combine the milks with the beaten eggs and mix well to combine.
- Slowly add the 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla and beat the mixture well.
- Pour the custard into the caramel lined mold.
- Place the mold in the center of a ceramic baking dish and surround the mold with approximately 2 inches of hot water.
- Place the baking dish with the mold into an oven preheated to 325 degrees.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the custard comes out clean.
- Remove the mold from the baking dish and let cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Invert the mold onto a dish. The custard will slide out, and the caramel sauce will slide down the sides.