Ingredients for Crullers Recipe 3
- 1 yolk of egg, beaten light
- 1 white of egg, beaten dry
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon, each, of mace and salt
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- About 1 cup of flour
- Beat the sugar into the beaten yolk.
- Beat in the butter, fold in the white, then beat in the flour sifted with the salt and mace.
- Add more flour if needed. The dough must be stiff enough to roll into a sheet about one-third an inch thick.
- Cut into rectangular pieces (two by three inches).
- Cook in hot fat to a golden brown.
- Drain and sprinkle with powdered sugar.