Ingredients for Crullers Recipe 2
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- Yolks 2 eggs
- Whites 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 3½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- Powdered sugar and cinnamon
- Cream the butter and gradually add the sugar, well-beaten yolks, and stiff egg whites.
- Mix flour, nutmeg, and baking powder; add alternately with milk to first mixture.
- Toss on floured board and roll thin.
- Cut in pieces three inches long by two inches wide; make four one-inch parallel gashes crosswise at equal intervals.
- Take up by running finger in and out of gashes and fry in deep fat.