Ingredients for Crockpot Whole Chicken With Lemon
Yield: Approximately 4 servings
- 1 (5 pound) whole roaster chicken
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, halved
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Rub the chicken with the halved lemon.
- Place the lemon in the cavity with the rosemary sprigs, garlic cloves, and onion.
- Season the outside of the chicken with the salt and paper.
- Place the chicken in a six-quart slow cooker. Set on low and cook, covered, for eight hours. You can also cook on high for four to five hours.
You can also season the chicken with more than salt and pepper by rubbing a spice blend on the outside. Try these combinations.
- Pulse 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a spice grinder or food processor.
- Mix 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper well to make a spice rub.
- Stir 1 tablespoon smoked paprika, 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, and a pinch of cayenne together for a different spice rub.