Ingredients for Crock Pot Curry Chicken Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 small (or 1 large) cloves of garlic, crushed or chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (spice islands has a nice blend)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 2/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper (black may be substituted)
- Chop chicken into large bite-sized chunks.
- Place olive oil in crock pot.
- Add the onion, garlic and chicken into your slow cooker
- Mix the olive oil and spices into a paste. Add it to the slow cooker and stir until it coats most of the chicken.
- Cut the 2 tablespoons of butter into 2 pats and place it on top of the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Serve with rice or Indian bread such as naan.