Ingredients for Creamy Tuna Casserole Recipe
- ½ pound canned tuna fish or salmon
- 1 can peas
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 tablespoons Argo or Kingsfords Cornstarch
- 1 pint milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Celery or onion salt
- ¼ cup coarse dry bread crumbs
First make a white sauce:
- Over low heat combine two tablespoons corn oil, cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Let cook until bubbly and very lightly browned.
- Add milk and heat until thick.
- Set aside.
- Oil a three pint baking dish with corn oil.
- Put in a layer of peas, then a layer of flaked, then a layer of the sauce.
- Continue in this way until all is used, putting sauce on the top.
- Cover with the crumbs mixed with two more tablespoons corn oil and bake in a moderate oven, 350 degrees for about 35 minutes.