Ingredients for Creamy Rice Pudding Recipe
- 1 quart milk
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Grated yellow rind of 1/2 lemon
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Butter a baking dish.
- Mix all the ingredients and put them in the buttered dish.
- Cover the dish, set in the oven, and bake, stirring occasionally, about an hour or until the rice is tender.
- When the pudding is nearly done, the cover may be removed to allow the top of the pudding to brown.
- It is best served the day after it is made, and should be of a rich, creamy consistency when cold.
- One-eighth package of raisins may be added to the pudding, if desired.